Becoming a Student Volunteer is an excellent opportunity for students to meet and talk with leading academic and industrial researchers and practitioners in the area of software engineering. It is also a great way to meet other students from all over the world and to offset some of the costs of the conference!If you are a student and would like to join the volunteers team, send an email to schlatt(at)mail.upb.de, subject “ESEC/FSE 17 student volunteer” with the following information about yourself:
- Date of birth
- Copy of your CV
- Current university
- Current degree program in which you are enrolled (e.g. PhD in Computer Science)
- Degrees already obtained (degree, university, date)
- Recommendation letter from a professor of your university
- Copy of photographic identification
You must be enrolled as PhD or Master student at the time of the conference. You must be proficient in English.
- Approximately 20 hours of work during the week of the conference
- Providing technical assistance and information to speakers and conference attendees
- Preparing conference bags
- Helping with the registration desk and checking badges for entry to events
- Complimentary registration to ECSE/FSE and the coordinated events
- Tea breaks and lunches
Note that we cannot cover your travel and accomodation costs, neither can we help with getting visa.
Between September 4 - September 8 (inclusive)), i.e., for the workshops and the main conference.
Please note: Not all volunteers will be needed for all of these days, but at the moment all of them should assume we may require their presence all days within this timeframe.
Deadline for applications is 15 June 2017
We look forward to hearing from you!